Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Holy Trinity of Jig Fishing (Part 1)


 



"The Father" Dobyns DX745C

 "I'm using the Holy Trinity as an analogy for anglers to become a better jig fisherman.  The 3 components rod, line, and jig are interconnected and play different roles to have true jig setup!"


The Father of this setup is my rod, a Dobyns DX745C.  The DX745C is my faith in this setup.  It was what I had been missing in my jig fishing setup, and without this rod jig fishing was very inconsistent for me.  Not having the right rod was the major cause of missed hookups on jig bites.  The DX745C's fast action, just enough tip, extreme backbone power was key to giving me faith fishing football or heavy cover jigs!

The DX745C is the most sensitive and balanced rod I've ever fished.  I've been sold rods, and trusted opinions of the sellers that a particular model be a good jig rod, though my hookups on jig fish were still poor.  Through my progressions of becoming a better angler, I've come to find many rods that I'd used in the past lacked the backbone power and were tip heavy.  Their are debates whether or not tip heavy rods make a difference!  When fishing bottom/contact baits like a jig it's a world of difference in my opinion. What does that mean to you?  The loss of sensitivity!   For example, when bass are non-aggressive state the bite can be so subtle that's hard to detect on a tip heavy rod.  I feel that some sensitivity is lost in a tip heavy rod when fished in that 1-2 o'clock position needed for contact lures like a jig. The need for balance, sensitivity,  and power is crucial when fishing a jig in cover or structure.   Rated for 3/8oz - 11/2oz lures the DX745C is lightweight for a Mag Heavy rod, which also aids to more sensitivity.   The attributes mentioned are key, and should be looked for when selecting a rod for fishing jigs.

Like many other weekend warriors, I have a 9-5.  Most working angler have families and  budgets they must keep in check.  So, lets talk dollars and cents!  The DX745C retails for $349.99, and is the best fishing investment I made.  It has added to what was missing in my fishing arsenal, and I'm a more well rounded angler because of it.  I would recommend any angler to spend a little more money on there jig rod setup.  The Dobyns DX 745C is my choice, faith, and confidence.  Their are lots of great rod companies out there, and I'm just sharing with you my choice.  Look for the qualities mentioned in this blog.  Believe and have faith in your rod when fishing a jig.

by De`Mon Givens
Bassthreesixty

 http://dobynsrods.com/rod/dx-745c-fh/ 

Next week Part 2- "The Holy Trinity of Jig Fishing" The Son (Omega Custom Tackle Pro-Mega Structure Jig)     



No comments:

Post a Comment